Here are some of the basic items to take into consideration when you begin the planning process:
- Date of the event: If you have a fixed date when the event will take place, that will dictate many of the other decisions. For example, in a traditional Punjabi destination wedding, a fixed date will mean that details have to be taken care of as soon as possible and might mean you won’t get the exact venue you hope for. On the other hand, if your date is open, then you’ll likely be able to pick and choose among various venues.
- City where the Indian destination wedding will take place: Perhaps you have a favorite city already picked out. If so, it will be easier to narrow down your choices for venues.
- Specific venue: Each of the major cities that host destination weddings has multiple special venues available based on the size of your party, the time of year, and what kinds of events you want to include in the wedding celebration.
- Expected number of guests: This is a key fact for both you and the planners because it affects many other parts of the planning process. The smaller the party, the easier it is to prepare but the more costly it will be per person. Likewise, large parties can be more of a challenge to plan for, but offer lower per-person costs overall.
- Ideas for particular decor: Decor is a flexible piece of the plan, but if you have ideas of your own, be sure to share them with your planning team early on.
Keep in mind that when you hire the Rishtey Destinations team to handle your once-in-a-lifetime event, our all-inclusive destination weddings offer comprehensive assistance so you don’t need to worry about every little detail. We’ll help you with everything, whether you’re planning for a small, medium, or extremely large number of guests, whether you desire a traditional Sikh destination wedding, an Indian destination wedding in the U.S., a Punjabi destination wedding, or any other type of celebration of marriage.
Your goal should be to use a professional team of Indian destination wedding planners who can give you exactly what you want, help you with all the details, and keep your price as low as possible. That means finding an experienced planner who has done it all, many times, for couples on large and small budgets.
How the Planning Process Works
How do we make sure that every detail is attended to, even when it comes to events that include many hundreds, perhaps thousands of participants? We use a unique, proven process that consists of six discrete steps to make certain that each wedding goes off smoothly. Here’s a quick look at our method; it works for all types of events, from Punjabi or Sikh destination wedding ceremonies, to less traditional celebrations with groups of all sizes:
- First, we use what is called a “discovery” technique that allows us to find out as much about your desires as possible. For example, perhaps you want a traditional Punjabi destination wedding at a specific location, with 200 guests, on a fixed date. These facts will help us find an ideal venue to accommodate your needs and design the perfect traditional Punjabi or Sikh destination wedding.
- Second, we’ll work with you to choose a venue that is to your liking, choose blocks of rooms, and explore the location in advance. You’ll even have a chance to visit the venue in-person if you feel the need.
- Third, we’ll have you and the on-site team put your heads together and make final decisions about essential details like decor, timing, flowers, food, and more.
- Fourth, we’ll handle all the contact with your guests so they feel comfortable and can get their questions answered about travel details.
- Fifth, we will continue to be available and work with you until the event is complete.
Making It All Work
The best destination weddings don’t happen by accident. They are the result of professional planning that uses an all-inclusive approach. For a typical Punjabi destination wedding, for example, the process includes the following:
- Early planning and information gathering
- Booking of the particular venue
- Event design
- Event planning
- On-site coordination services
It’s important to note that there really is no “average” or “typical” wedding because each event is completely unique. However, for an idea of how the planning process works, it’s useful to think in terms of what many couples do when they hire an all-inclusive planner to take care of the details.
Are You Ready?
Anyone planning destination weddings in the U.S., Mexico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, or elsewhere can do themselves a favor by hiring an experienced professional team like the one at Rishtey Destinations. It’s the most effective way to make sure that you’ll have the event of your dreams, all the details will be taken care of, and your destination wedding cost will be kept within your budget.
Make your guests happy, and make yourselves content and relaxed during the most memorable days of your entire lives—your destination wedding. Do it right by using a competent, experienced team of pros who have seen it all and done it all.