It’s no secret that planning a wedding can be extremely expensive these days. But what if we told you that not only can you have the wedding of your dreams, but that you can do it in a fantasy location and on a budget that won’t break the bank?
When deciding the best place for your destination wedding, there are a few planning factors to take into consideration. The first, of course, is location, but one of the most important is the cost! Unfortunately, weddings seem to only get more expensive as time goes on. You’ve got to pay for photographers, dresses, venues, caterers, flowers, and so much more.
There are a few ways you can keep the cost down so you can have the wedding of your dreams!
- Keep track of the overall costs associated with your particular destination wedding. Take note of average airfare, lodging, and other associated costs will be per guest. When conducting your research, see if there are venues that offer all-inclusive destination weddings. There are options out there that will cover things like small symbolic ceremonies, cakes, toasts, and a few other special extras. Making sure that you keep a list of costs from the beginning of your planning will help you stay on track while planning the best, most cost-efficient destination wedding you can!
- Know your locations. This is of course tied into the first tip, but creating a short list of potential destination wedding locations will help you narrow down the most feasible options for keeping your wedding cost-effective. Do you need to fly halfway around the world, or is there an amazing location for your special day right around the corner, so to speak? There may even be some all-inclusive destination wedding locations available!
- Pick a venue. Once you’ve picked your favorite location, you need to nail down your venue. In some of the most popular tourist destinations, there are resorts all over the place that may even have special options for out-of-towners looking to use their location for their destination wedding venue! To pick the best one for your special day, take note of what all they offer in their rates. Do they provide staff as part of their charges, or do they charge extra? Do they charge a flat rate, or is it variable dependent on how many guests you have? Come up with a short list of questions to ask your potential venues so you can make sure they offer what you’re looking for!
- Timing. This one may seem like a no brainer, but you’d be surprised how often timing gets overlooked. Odds are, the timing for your perfect destination wedding may line up with several others planning similar events! When the weather is dark and dreary in your hometown, your natural inclination might be to head for a bright and sunny beach for your special day. While it may not be possible to avoid peak travel times for your specific location and venue, you may be able to find special deals or destination wedding packages that fit your budget and deliver everything you’re looking for! Be sure to ask each potential venue what all they cover with their fees!
- Prioritize what matters most! Yes, your budget is definitely something you want to pay attention to while you’re putting together your dream wedding. And while you want to make sure that you’re getting the best deal and that your hard earned money does as much for you as it can, you also want to ensure that you’re not getting cheated out of the little things that will make your day as memorable and special as possible. When you’re making your list of possible destinations and then venues, make sure you also create a “must have” list, and try your best to narrow your choice down to only those locations that can offer you the most out of the items on that list.
Planning a wedding is stressful. Planning a destination wedding for the best price you can find is even more stressful. But with all of the options out there – destination wedding packages, exclusive destination wedding resorts, and countless other all-inclusive packages – it isn’t impossible to plan an extravagant and beautiful day for an affordable price.
Other little things to remember:
- You aren’t obligated to pay for your friend’s and family’s airfare. It would certainly be nice if you could afford it, but most people understand that the majority of newlywed couples can’t afford to fly their families and friends out. Stick to your budget!
- Consider visiting your destination in advance. You can turn your hunt for the perfect location into a mini-vacation. Consider taking a trip to your top choice (or maybe, top two choices!) and seeing what the location has to offer in a low-to-no stress environment. The time away will not only help you and your significant other determine if the location is meant to be, but it will also help you both to relax a bit from the stresses of planning a destination wedding!
- Hire an expert! The good news about all of this is that there are experts specifically suited to helping you plan your perfect day while staying on budget. With just your name and contact information, Rishtey Destinations can walk you through the entire process! Our husband and wife co-founders, Jack and Sharon, have been together for over 35 years. Jack and Sharon are experts when it comes to all the little tips and tricks we have mentioned here, plus plenty more. With extensive experience and vast networks of professionals, Jack and Sharon can help you plan and live out the best wedding day you can dream of!